ENRICHING, UNIQUE AND AWESOME EXPERIENCES IN VALENCIA
Since the establishment in 2005 of Living Spanish Culture, the experience acquired over the years has led us to realize those activities that all students and teachers who visit Spain want to know. A selection of authentic cultural treasures some very popular, but most of them are genuine and different allowing the students to enjoy themselves while learning and reflect the daily life and customs that only the natives know.
Cultural activities and workshops Living Spanish Culture offers are a selection of the best and most representative and genuine in the city of Valencia.
Cultural Activities in Valencia
- La Albufera. Natural Park and Lagoon. Among the natural spaces with the most environmental and ecological value in Europe. Largest lake in Spain. Spectacular rice fields. Typical fishing boat trips.
- El Palmar. Located in the heart of La Albufera Park is the village of El Palmar, an island until 14 th century.
- The Water Court. A session every Thursday since more than 1000 years. Institution unique in the world and intangible cultural heritage of humanity by Unesco.
- City Arts and Sciences. A world reference point for interactive science, for getting to know in a didactic, interactive, and entertaining way everything to do with life, science, and technology.contents from the world of science, technology, and the environment.
- Principe Felipe Science Museum. Science, nature and art in the largest and spectacular complex in Europe devoted to scientific and cultural dissemination.
- Hemisferic. IMAX cinema and digital projections to feel adventures through spectacular images. It is a spectacular construction designed by Santiago Calatrava as the rest of the City Arts and Sciences that contains in its interior the largest hall in Spain to contain three systems projecting onto a concave screen of 900 m2.
- L’Oceanografic. A genuine marine park that includes representation of the main seas and oceans of the planet. A trip in a submarine through the biggest aquarium in Europe.
- Bioparc Valencia. A new-generation zoo in a open-air area of 10 hectare. It has a large collection of African fauna.
- Royal Marina. Luxury leisure port created for the 32nd America’s cup and spectacular setting of the F1 Grand Prix of Europe.
- Seafront Promenade and beaches. 7 Km of a wonderful promenade, the true Mediterranean essence. Malvarosa and Las Arenas beaches with fine white sand and warm waters have received the highest environmental awards.
- Lladró Museum and factory. A cultural journey around the Lladró factory, with audiovisual projections in which the history of porcelain and the steps of Lladró manufacture process are told, it is showed to the visitor, all the steps of the elaboration process of the porcelain figurines.
- The historic-industrial Patrimony. High Ovens in Sagunto (Valencia). It is made of various elements that are all directly linked to the social and economic rise of the iron and steel industry.
THEMATIC ROUTES: EDUCATIONAL & CULTURAL ROUTES. WORKSHOPS
- The Orange Trail. Learn how oranges are collected and taste this delicious fruit directly from the trees, discover the complete route of the orange, the process from the grove to the table throughout a full interesting visit to a orange warehouse in the area.
- The Olive Oil Trail. Discover and luxuriate to know at the first hand the olive groves and the oil process elaboration throughout a fascinating cultural day excursion to one of the most awared mill for elaboration extra virgin olive oil.
- The Wine and Vineyards Trail. Come and see at first hand the cellars, vineyards and luxuriate the atmosphere of this fascinating culture.
- The Rice Trail. Visit to the rice fields in the Albufera, the museum rice mills and factory.
- Visit a workshop for making Valencian traditional dress. Valencian typical clothing.
- A visit to the house of Lladró brothers. Their first works, the first oven to bake pottery, the key to their success …
- Process of drafting the horchata. The Valencian drink par excellence from a tuber called La Chufa.
- Paella Valenciana. The famous Spanish dish : Paella is originary from Valencia. Learn to cook the authentic paella . We buy all fresh ingredients while visiting the Central Market.
- Visit to a craft workshop for making typical Valencian ceramic work.
- Visit to L’Escuraeta. An open-air market held in the most beautiful place of Valencia: Plaza de la Reina, offering traditional handmade ceramic goods (from May to September).
- Cultural visits to schools, colleges, residences, hospitals …
- Visit the Ford factory in Almussafes (Valencia).